Jun 30, 2015

term two packed up

this second term was pretty fantastic, a little heavier on the workload but i was looking forward to it after the over all introductory pace of first term. my class has been warned that third term (which starts up next week!) is the heaviest workload of all the terms but i'm not anxious about it too much...yet.
i've been thinking of a design identity for my own work but the few ideas i have floating around in my head are just that, ideas floating in my head. which is why i am absolutely looking forward to our branding class especially and really looking forward to a typography 2 class, after affects and a creative direction class. we also get into a bit of coding and web designing which i've been itching to  get on. i hope my old school html coding days will come back to me.
to keep things short, here are some of my favourite projects from this term.

3D three horned beetle, illustrator.
probably my favourite piece of the term! 


redesign packaging project mock up, illustrator. 
search nescafe xpress if you're interested in seeing the original package design. 



"say my name" project, photoshop. 
this is subtle but i wanted to make the letters look like layered cut paper, giving each a bit of depth like topography.



band poster, photoshop and illustrator.



layered collage project, typography.
probably my second favourite piece of the term! completely hand drawn lettering for a fantastic carl sagan quote.


blog design, illustrator
a blog design with a time restriction of just 2 hours. i was freaking out about through the full two hours but happy with what i came up with considering the crunch.


before you go, i should let you know of a teeny sale that is happening on my instagram. once again i need to to get rid of some old stock and with how quick people change their phones this sale especially could use all the word spreading. 


i have a few packs of my iphone hard cases with three interchangeable faceplates made from vintage textbooks and children's books. each are going for $25 each, shipped! so get on over to my instagram and get in on the goods.
go on, git!

internally yours,
sister valentine



No comments: